10 Top Organizing Questions
1. How does it work? After our free phone consultation, we will book a time to see your space. Our first session is a four hour minimum which gives us a chance to see how fast we can work together and to produce a realistic work estimate. We don't lock you into a long term contract. We take it one session at a time. We promise to treat your possessions with great care and respect, stay on budget and on time, listen to you and work with you. We re-use, re-purpose and recycle wherever possible. We are inclusive, non-judgmental and completely confidential.
2. What should I look for in a Professional Organizer?
There has to be a good personality fit with your own. A friendly, caring attitude, a track record of satisfied customers, an organized approach to taking care of all the details and a network of professionals (contractors, junk removers, movers, etc.) are also important. Lastly, a good PO really listens to the client's concerns and wishes. It is the only way to ensure that the entire process goes smoothly.
3. Won't I feel embarrassed to have you in my home because it is so cluttered?
We are here to help not to judge. We know it takes courage to call us. Congratulations, this is the first step towards a clutter-free life.
4. Shouldn't I be able to do it alone?
If you could do it alone, you would have done it by now. Most of us need help at one time or another? Having an objective adviser makes the job easier, faster, efficient and more fun. Frequently it is a significant life change that motivates a call. Moving, having a baby, divorce, downsizing, losing a partner or parent are often overwhelming. If you need to regain order in your life, working with a professional organizer will help you get things done.
5. How much does your professional organizing service cost?
Organizing: $65/hour - 4 hour minimum.
Packing: $50/hour - 4 hour minimum.
Unpacking: $50-$65/hour - 4 hour minimum.
For larger jobs, a project fee will be determined in advance.
No cost for travel time within Toronto.
No cost for hauling one car-load of donations to Value Village, Salvation Army or local women’s shelters at the end of each organizing session.
6. How do I know I'm getting value for my money?
Following an organizing session, you'll spend less time searching for things, less money buying things you already have and less energy cleaning around your clutter. Finally, the benefits of being organized, feeling less stressed and in control of your environment are beyond price.
7. How do you ensure confidentiality?
Confidentiality is assured. We adhere to the Code of Conduct and Ethics of the Professional Organizers in Canada (POC) of which we are members. We use no advertising logos on our cars or uniforms and we will never discuss clients with a third party unless agreed.
8. How long does it take?
Organizing sessions are normally 4 - 6 hours, as it can be physically and emotionally challenging. However, there is no set time on how long a particular project will take. It depends on how much needs to be done and how quickly you make a decision. We will keep you focused and help you to prioritize - together, we can make significant progress in a day!
9. Will you toss out all my things?
NO! Things that are necessary or important to you will be incorporated into the organizing plan. The goal is to make your life better by creating a customized organizational system that is easy to use and maintain and suits your life.
At your discretion, the things you no longer need will be given to friends and family, recycled, donated or sold. (We can help you sell or advise you how to do this yourself.) We will also help dispose of things on the day of our organizing session.
10. What if I revert to my old ways?
Most likely, you will feel motivated to maintain your new organizational systems, however life doesn't always go as planned. Our maintenance package will help you stay in control. We can arrange regular visits to help you stay organized.